I am so sick of feminism being associated with these hateful, leftist women who want nothing more than to tear donwn the traditional family, our country and even God himself. I am part of an organization that was built on true feminism-The Relief Society of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints. These women knew they were daughters of God and acted accordingly. So in line with the true feminism of the past, I have decided to write a short essay on what a real feminist would do today.
A real feminist would……
1) Fight to end abortion. No true feminist would ever pit mother against child and would help the mother improve her lot so she could raise her child more successfully. She would know abortion is about man’s freedom, not hers and she would fight the greedy profiteers who get rich off women’s pain. A true feminist would abhor abortion as a man’s way of ditching his responsibility to the woman and the child. She would not view it as a woman’s right at all but as women being failed.
2) Fight for school choice. She would want all children to be able to go to the best schools and would allow parents to pick the schools instead of school districts. Her allegiance would not be with the failing schools, the inept teachers and bureaucrats but with the parents and the children. She would encourage homeschooling and allow parents the opportunity to educate their own children without government interference.
3) Fight for marriage which provides women and children the best opportunity for grow. She would know that women are safer in a marriage than they are out of it. She would fight for true marriage equality which keeps the woman a necessary part of marriage through heterosexual unions and would fight gay marriage which removes woman as a necessary part of marriage. She would understand authentic marriage is already equal and gay marriage is a discriminatory practices that relegates women to second class citizens unworthy of marriage.
4) Fight for capitalism. It is not socialism that brings people out of poverty, rather it keeps them in it. It is capitalism that allows people to be successful and promotes individual effort. It is capitalism that rewards creativity, ingenuity and self-reliance. It is capitalism that allows us to have choice-Pepsi or Coke, Dell or HP, Big Mac or Whooper. Without the competition that forces companies to produce better products at reasonable prices we would all live under monopolies and be forced to buy from a solitary company (mainly the government) that never had to produce a quality product because they knew we had no other choice.
5) Fight for the rights of men. That’s right-men. They wouldn’t allow their brothers, fathers, sons, husbands and other important men in their life to be degraded and abused. They would see that men and women are not enemies but complementary units needed not only to survive but thrive. They would understand that by working with men and not against them we achieve a level of excellence we cannot achieve otherwise. That their strengths does not make us weak. That by building all people up, men and women, Black and White, Jew and Gentile, that we are building up God’s kingdom on Earth. We are building a nation of supreme beings. We lose ourselves not because we reach out to men but because we cut ourselves off from them.
6) Most importantly, they would fight for God and the free expression of religion, most specifically Christianity. The belief in Jesus Christ has done more to uplift people than any liberal social program has ever done. The belief in God has caused people to leave behind life long addictions and change their life. That no one has ever been able to top the Ten Commandments as the most complete guide to living a moral life and achieving happiness.
Ah, yes this is what a real feminist would believe and fight for. Too bad there are not more of them. We need all the real feminists we can get.